The Treka Pro Series® Pema Daypack - 30 Liter is dedicated to Nepalese climber, Pema, who perished, along with six others on June 7, 1922, during the 1922 British Mount Everest Expedition led by George Mallory, Colin Crawford and Howard Somervell.
In what is considered the first recorded deaths, and one of the worst disasters of Mount Everest, the leaders saw a large piece of snow break off and cause an avalanche, burying half of the fourteen sherpas below the North Col. It was on that day, that Pema became one of the first recorded deaths on Everest. To read more about Pema and the other 6 sherpas, as well as the other two worst Mount Everest disasters, click here.
The Treka Pro Series® Pema Daypack - 30 Liter has a sleek and solid design to ease your journey through nature's most serene settings. Make a day of pushing to your newest peaks or casually walking your favorite trail, a breeze with this pack.
Treka Pro Series® Pema Daypack - 30 Liter Specs:
- Backpacks Type: Internal Frame
- Carrying System: Resin Mesh
- Rain Cover: Yes
- Interior: Interior Slot Pocket, Cell Phone Pocket, Interior Zipper Pocket, Interior Key Chain Holder, Interior Compartment, Computer Interlayer
- Handle/Strap Type: Soft Handle
- Closure Type: Zipper
- Gender: Unisex
- Lining Material: Polyester
- Main Material: Nylon